As our next ePowertrain High Voltage Test and Validate Graduate, you’ll become a valued member of our ePowertrain team. As part of your role, you’ll learn how the department operates, and become familiar with our ways of working.
To excel in this role, you'll need to be an individual who is inquisitive, tenacious, perseverant, and has a logical mindset. This role requires an individual who can work with a team of professionals and who embodies unity, trust, and openness.
You’re not the type to shy away from a challenge, you will have the chance to achieve targets and get our product across the line. Unity in your team will be key to meeting these targets. This is an opportunity for someone who loves pushing boundaries and relishes the chance to optimise product efficiency in a performance car.
In this role, you will rotate around the department to gain a deeper understanding of how each component works from an ePowertrain (ePT) perspective. You will learn how the component integrates into the vehicle from a network, electrical, and mechanical point of view. The knowledge you’ll gain through your rotations will help you put this into testing the component. Working with the Lead Engineer, you’ll be assigned tasks to flag any issues and report on the timings and costs of the activity noting any implications.
The Key Requirements...
- BSc in any engineering degree
- Strong Electrical engineering bias
- Ideally have some experience working on components such as completed projects on inverter/batteries or electrical motors and power electronics units or similar products.
At Aston Martin, we are proud of our brand history, the family feel within the company, and the breadth of exposure we offer.
Here at Aston Martin, our mission is to become the world's most desirable ultra-luxury British brand. To achieve this, we need individuals who have the courage to embark on an exciting new era for the business and write their own chapter in our journey.
Joining Aston Martin means being part of a business that is working towards becoming the world's most desirable ultra-luxury British brand. But we understand that no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind our legends and landmarks are dreamers, darers, and doers who make extraordinary things happen every single day. That's why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
There is an opportunity for career progression to the Senior Engineer/Expert level, where you will take ownership of the testing and validation programme from the supplier into production vehicles.
This is a chance for candidates to have hands-on experience and take responsibility for the wider-reaching roles within our team. People choose to stay with our business because of our brand history, the pride we have in our company, the fact that we are built on a strong foundation, and because we are known for being an employer of choice.
This is a two-year rotational scheme within different areas of the ePowertrain department, where you’ll spend specific periods gaining invaluable experience and knowledge within our key areas, which may include
- Testing of cutting-edge and market-leading HV Components like Battery, Motors, Inverters and Power Electronics
- Integrating ePowertrain Components to work with wider systems in a Vehicle
- Working on cars to validate the integration of the component
This scheme starts on Monday 2nd September 2024.
What you’ll gain…
- Enrol onto
- Route to Chartered Engineer (IET/IMechE)
- Route to Chartered Manager (CMI Level 5)
- IMI HV Training
- Hands-on experience
- Be an integral part of the team
- Mon – Thurs 8am – 5pm and Fri 8am – 1pm
- Full-time onsite
- in-person learnings
- Gaydon-based with occasional travel to other AML sites and Suppliers as and when required.
The Benefits and Perks...
- Starting salary £34,200
- Salary increments (subject to performance and criteria being met)
- Annual bonus (discretionary)
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover and Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Car Scheme
- Plus, a wide range of discounts with associated partners
The Next Step and time frames...
On application, you will receive an email acknowledgement response of your application received. If you meet the criteria, then the following will apply. At each stage of the following process, you will be advised of the outcome.
- Online psychometric gamification assessment (not timed)
- Phone interview – with a member of the Talent Acquisition team (20 minutes)
- In-person assessment centre – a chance to come and meet the team you’ve applied to join
- Outcome – we will let you know the outcome of your assessment centre attendance
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity, apply today by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft, and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different.
Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.