Job no: 509329
Work type: Full Time - Contract, Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Information Technology
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
With direction from the test lead, to facilitate the creation of in-house developed applications and the purchase of off-the-shelf applications from smaller applications with minimal users to an ERP application. Providing business solutions that are to an acceptable quality, add the required value to the business and are successfully tested.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a tester within the development team, you will specialise in ensuring code meets the business acceptance criteria.
- Under the guidance of the software test lead, you will be responsible for the testing stage of software development and deployment.
- You will ensure the software purchased and/or created by the development team is fit for purpose.
- You will be responsible for ensuring any concerns raised through the process are heard to release management and any known issues are agreed before code release.
- You will analyse the software and systems to avert risk, ensure risks are identified and reported and to prevent unknown software issues following release to a live environment.
- Your role is integral to the creation of software systems and integration of purchased products.
- Ultimately this role is to drive the finding of bugs and issues within a product before it is released to everyday users. This will cover small projects (for example a minor change to an existing system) through large projects spanning months of work and multiple sites
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience in a testing role, including testing on significant projects.
- Experience of managing test data in Visual Studio.
- Good commercial awareness across all business areas
- Experience with test automation software, e.g. Selenium, Cucumber
- A degree in a computer science, numerate or related discipline is a plus.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with team members and customers.
- Respect and value others and be sensitive to their differing needs and values.
- Be responsive to changes in customer needs and expectations
- Get messages understood by adopting a wide range of styles, tools and techniques to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Share information, good practice and expertise with others.
- Present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others
- Tailor best practice methods and tools to meet business needs the needs of the testing element of the project and project environment
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend