Project Engineer OBD Calibration
Job no: 509905
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To develop OBD calibrations for the powertrain on test beds, rigs and in vehicle. To manage the OBD programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified vehicle calibration system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration team to enable the vehicle to meet Worldwide certification, performance, driveability and fuel economy targets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and Manage OBD activity within the team on defined vehicle programmes as defined by Head of OBD
- Define key software paths to allow AML to deliver competitive Powertrain solutions
- Manage and support powertrain software and calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the wider team.
- Manage the progress and reporting for all Hybrid concept deliverables, ensuring they meet all cost, time and quality targets.
- Be the point of contact for defined customers and suppliers to powertrain wrt OBD requirements. Define all requirements for the OBD system within the Powertrain environment and validate them within AML.
- Ensure OBD deliverables are delivered in line with the system design specification.
- Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve team goals.
- Represent the company externally at a senior level regarding calibration activities and supplier visits.
- Deliver an understanding of the role OBD plays within the hybrid vehicle platform to the wider OBD team.
- Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, rig, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
- Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions
- Manage and specify software and hardware/tools to support development activity.
- Manage the Calibration database for all responsible programmes.
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience within a automotive vehicle manufacturer or Consultancy with direct experience of delivery of calibration of gasoline engines on test bed and in vehicle
- Recent direct experience of On Board Diagnostics and application of new technologies including Hybrid & BEV vehicles
- Educated to Degree level Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Member of the IMechE or similarly recognised international institution
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple disciplines
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend