Manager - Body Electronics
Job no: 510090
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Manage the Body Electronics team to Design, release and approval of Body Electronics components and systems to deliver required functionality to agreed cost, timing and quality targets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commodity Ownership:
- Manage 5-year commodity strategy & develop relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed Function budget, resource & timing.
- Lead SET Team to ensure cross functional delivery of Body Electronics content across all agreed programmes
- Create engineering guideline documents and archetypes for platform and non-platform engineered components.
- Develop and deliver plans to achieve minimum delivered cost throughout lifecycle of components.
- Ensure components are designed and engineered robustly using standard engineering toolsets.
- Support pre-production builds, ensuring build concerns are contained and resolved in the required timeframe.
- Define requirements for owned and interfacing components.
- Create and maintain component specifications.
- Investigate and resolve any issues throughout lifecycle of components.
- Lead cross-functional team to deliver components to the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements.
- Manage software delivery to the correct quality and feature level for each integration point.
- Ensure that the commodity meets the Feature plan at each stage to support all dependant systems (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing components (BoM, tooling launch).
- Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Create & manage the commodity’s virtual & physical DV plan.
- Ensure effective report writing to evidence component and system compliance to specification.
- Ensure that all concerns and testing issues are robustly resolved.
- Complete FESO (Final Engineering Sign-off) documentation for commodities.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven record of delivering Body Electronics (hardware and software) commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
- Experience of managing a team of engineers and leading cross functional SET teams including complex issue resolution.
- Experience with Body Electronics or similar commodities.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. specification, releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Supplier management experience.
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion.
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create Body Electronics components.
- Requirements writing (including use of S/W tools such as Polarion, Doors, Jama etc.)
- Knowledge of CAN tools to diagnose vehicle behaviour and faults.
- Engineering degree or proven equivalent experience.
- Electrical engineering degree
- Collaboration – Collaborates with own team as well as cross-functional teams to achieve their purpose. Passionate about team effectiveness and its delivery which is reflected in results.
- Customer focus – always focuses on high attention to detail & demonstrates accuracy in their work. Continually strives for excellence by critiquing own work and seeking constructive feedback from others to improve.
- Communication – ensures communication has a clear purpose, is factual, accurate & provided at the right time. Proactively shares information with colleagues & stakeholders. Excellent written communication skills for requirements writing & concerns management. Able to verbally communicate at all levels.
- Commitment – takes ownership of objectives, work activities & behaviour, & makes informed decisions backed by data. Monitors own projects and work activities against deadlines, holding themselves accountable
- Continuously challenge & improve – Challenges the status quo- considers traditional ways of thinking and seeks to improve and develop them. Actively challenges self and others in order to stimulate creative thinking and continuous improvement
- Competent in Microsoft Office toolset.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend