Senior Engineer, Quality CAD - CVS017
Job no: 499221
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic.
As a Brand Aston Martin Prides its self on the Quality of the prestigious vehicles that they design, engineer and build. This role is to be a member of the quality team that has the role of making sure that each module that is designed, each part that is attached, each specification that is available, is made to the highest level of pristine quality. Each member of this team is highly important and proud to be a part of the Aston Martin brand.
Current Car Engineering (CCE) is responsible for the engineering and quality of all current production vehicles. We are looking for a Senior Engineer who is highly motivated with the ability carry out design changes to current production components on specific vehicle programmes, in line with change details specified on the related engineering concerns ensuring completion is communicated to the business. A broad engineering background is required.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
Lead Data Coordinator – Lead data flow within the CCE team by liaising with business during design change reviews.
Completion of Design Changes – Using information from approved engineering concerns, implement design changes to current component parts and communicate to the business once completed. All changes must include forward and backward sweep for all affected parts, and related systems with the relevant system updates being completed.
Design Studies – Support CCE team with general CAD enquiries, tolerance stack up and clearance studies.
External Control – Liaise with external contracted work placements to ensure any CAD work is completed to the required standards and expectations of AML.
- Alignment of BOM – Interrogate
Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering Design Release Practices.
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Broad engineering and manufacturing knowledge.
- Broad knowledge of vehicle design.
- Experience of component design.
- Experience in inspection systems.
- Worked in OE or Teir1 manufacturing environment (CVE / PVT / Production / Plant Quality/ PD).
- Proficient use of NX 7.5 (or similar)
- Understanding of IDEAS, CAD software, is advantageous for legacy parts.
- Proficient knowledge of Team Centre (TCe)
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Chairing meetings and running effective meeting minutes / CCAR’s.
- Awareness of QMS (ISO 9001 / IATF16949 / AIAG).
- Salary Circa £38,000
- Access to Mercedes car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend