Senior Manager - Financial Communications
Job no: 498945
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Mayfair, London
Aston Martin Lagonda is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This is a newly created position – reporting into the Directors of Communications and Investor Relations- to lead the company’s communications strategy as it relates to our listing on the LSE and related interactions with the financial media both in the UK and internationally. In close coordination with the Communications and Investor Relations teams, to be responsible for creating and executing the company’s financial communications strategy. Managing the planning and execution of all quarterly, half-year and full-year results communication for the media. Managing the financial and reputational implications of any major corporate actions, shareholder matters etc. To form close and trusted relations with the key ‘city’ media and opinion leaders as well as creating a global network of media that cover Aston Martin Lagonda as a listed company. This role is based in our London office but requires travel to Gaydon HQ as required.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Devise and manage financial communications strategies and day-to-day media relations
- Develop and maintain key media relationships, proactively source, evaluate and manage media opportunities
- Responsible for press materials including writing/proofing press releases, op-eds, briefing documents research notes, and presentations
- Partner on execution of corporate communications, including financial results preparation, product newsflow, gender pay reporting, contribution to annual report and ad hoc releases
- Manage contracted PR firms and other department service providers
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to execute the firm’s digital strategy
- Support global communications and branding activities and initiatives, including corporate social responsibility, ESG and investor relations
- Press coverage monitoring, analysis and distribution as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in corporate communications with an agency, or similar role within a PLC
- Strong relationships with media contacts
- Experience of implementing communications/branding programs
- Experience of securing proactive coverage opportunities
- Calm under pressure with good issues management experience
- Good team player and ability to work across an organisation
- Strong writing and numeracy skills
- Strong academic track record
- Innovative, creative and a self-starter
- High levels of discretion
- Salary, circa £90,000 dependent on experience.
- Two management lease vehicles and access to another vehicle via the Mercedes scheme.
- Up to 20% bonus potential.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Up to Family Cover.
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend