Finance Analyst - Pricing & Margin
Job no: 509019
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Execution of vehicle and options price-build activities, management of unit revenue data and reporting of model line and regional profitability and dealer reward. This person will business partner (both support and challenge) the Aston Martin product and options pricing team to maximize revenue and contribution.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Product Planning & Pricing team to create and maintain MSRPs for new and existing models and options, create and communicate dealer and distributor price lists and maintain internal pricing matrices to ensure a correct and accurate invoicing process.
- Monitor, track and report on model, options, region profitability, and dealer reward/incentive programmes versus business plan / budget / forecast through the production of monthly management accounts information
- Create and maintain up-to-date unit revenue assumptions within the company’s financial planning tools
- Provide regional financial controllers with required information and analysis to support their financial control of the region and the region’s achievement of profitability targets.
- Work closely with wider HQ finance and regional teams to develop cash and profit improvement plans to correct deviation to budgets. Ensure all financial risks and opportunities are documented clearly providing transparency to the Senior Management team. Drive the delivery of opportunities and support risk mitigation activities
- Lead month-end, quarter-end and annual accounts activities (period-end accounting close, forecasting, accruals, annual audit) for both internal and external reporting requirements
- Provide financial evaluations to support decision making and other ad hoc analysis
- Coach and advise operational teams to understand and employ good business behaviours.
- Work with HQ finance strategy, planning and reporting function on robust target setting, business case analysis, sensitivity analysis and status reporting enabling data driven business decisions
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidates should have a proven track record of a broad financial and interpersonal skill set with strong communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong Excel and other MS Office package experience
- Experience in an Automotive setting would be advantageous
- Previous experience within a financial analysis function desirable
- Collaboration – working together to achieve the business plan requirements
- Customer focus – understand the finance and operations requirements and align them
- Communication – articulate and listen to colleagues on a timely basis to ensure there is an honest and two-way communication of the business plan status and risks and opportunities ahead
- Commitment – focused and fully accountable for supporting the business
- Continuously challenge and improve – accept that improvements can always be made and supporting a learning culture where mistakes happen, but lessons are then imbedded to make the plan more robust and better
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend