As our Electrical and Hybrid Supplier Quality Graduate, you’ll be instrumental in coordinating and managing all activities including complex problem solving within a cross-functional team including R & D (Research and Development) and purchasing team. You’ll be working closely with them from conception to deliver the quality repeatably for production ensuring the design is feasible with the suppliers.
To excel in this role, you'll need to be a team player with a willingness to help others. Confidence, self-belief, and resilience are all admirable qualities that will be valued in this role. You’ll have exceptional time management, communication, and problem-solving skills. You’ll be driving and influencing internal and external stakeholders to achieve the company QCD objectives whilst prioritising activities across multiple suppliers and internal functions.
You're not the type to shy away from challenges or lack interest in tackling difficult problems. This role isn't for someone who prefers to avoid responsibility. In this role, you will have the chance to make a significant impact and ensure that the end-user Aston Martin customer receives the best product.
In this role, you’ll bring your latest academic learnings to the team to improve our techniques and processes. You’ll become fully familiar with all automotive quality tools, techniques, and processes by utilising tools such as DFMEA, PFMEA, and measurement systems. You’ll attend early design reviews to gain experience in the latest processes and technologies and assist in lessons learnt activities within the internal cross-functional teams.
As a Supplier Quality Graduate, you’ll thrive in a great working atmosphere and a strong team spirit. Your willingness to learn and the imparting of knowledge from experienced mentors will contribute to your success. Moreover, you will have a clear and structured career path towards becoming an engineering leader within a few years.
In summary, if you are motivated by challenges, enjoy being part of a solution-focused environment, and have a passion for the car industry, then this role is perfect for you
The Key Requirements...
- Electrical or combined engineering degree (Electrical bias)
- Some experience in being part of University Projects on Automotive electrical systems including Infotainment, Switchgear Integrated Circuits, EDUs, Inverters, DC-DC Converters and OBCs
- Commensurate connections and wiring experience in automotive systems
- Ability to work closely with others to achieve mutual goals
- The ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver and thrive in an ever-changing and dynamic environment
- Full UK Driving Licence essential.
At Aston Martin, we are known for our brand history and the family feel that permeates our organisation. We believe in the breadth of exposure and are proud of the exquisitely addictive performance sports cars we have created over the past 110 years. As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, our goal is to become the world's most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
When joining Aston Martin, you'll be part of a business that is working towards becoming the world's most desirable ultra-luxury British brand. But it is important to note that no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind our legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers, and doers who make the extraordinary happen every day. As a testament to their contributions, the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to progress your career and become an engineering leader within Aston Martin. This is an opportunity for those who have the ownership mentality and the courage to make a difference. We are proud of our reputation as one of the greatest automotive manufacturers within the ultra-luxury segment, and there is plenty of opportunity for career progression internally within Aston Martin. People choose to stay with our business because of the opportunities we offer, our brand history, and the pride we take in our work. We are known for being an employer of choice and an organisation built on excellence.
This is a two-year rotational scheme, where you’ll spend specific periods gaining invaluable experience and knowledge within our key areas, which may include
- Parts Quality
- Current Quality
- Electrical Research and Development
- MP&L ( Material, Packaging and Logistics)
- Industry Forum Quality Core Skills (5-day off-site training)
- Industry Forum Auditing skills leading to VDA 6,3 (9-day off-site training)
This scheme starts on Monday 2nd September 2024.
What you’ll gain…
- Enrol onto
- Route to Chartered Manager (CMI Level 5)
- Work on exciting new Hybrid and BEV projects
- Hands-on experience
- Be an integral part of the team
- Mon – Thurs 7:30am – 4:30pm and Fri 7:30am – 12:30pm
- Full-time onsite
- in-person learnings
- Gaydon-based with frequent travel across the UK to our other AML sites and suppliers.
- Passport required – as you may be travelling to the US/Egypt/Malta/Germany etc shadowing the Senior Engineer and overnight stays will be expected as and when required.
The Benefits and Perks...
- Starting salary £34,200
- Salary increments (subject to performance and criteria being met)
- Annual bonus (discretionary)
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Cover and Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Car Scheme
- Plus, a wide range of discounts with associated partners
The Next Step and time frames...
On application, you will receive an email acknowledgement response of your application received. If you meet the criteria, then the following will apply. At each stage of the following process, you will be advised of the outcome.
- Online psychometric gamification assessment (not timed)
- Phone interview – with a member of the Talent Acquisition team (20 minutes)
- In-person assessment centre – a chance to come and meet the team you’ve applied to join
- Outcome – we will let you know the outcome of your assessment centre attendance
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity, apply today by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft, and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different.
Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.