Lead Material Planner
Job no: 509755
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To manage the trim parts supplied by TLS vendors to support build at St. Athan. Ensure parts are available to support the production plan and to problem solve issues arising from vendor performance.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the inbound material planning and transport co-ordination of key TLS parts into St Athan
- Maintain excel trackers to ensure material availability supports production plan
- Update and maintain tracker with shipment details and receipt details. Positively confirm shipments and transport lead times to then populate predicted delivery dates into AML onto tracker.
- Communicate parts status, predicted delivery dates and highlight any issues that would affect the production plan
- Attend vendor calls as necessary to address any performance issues and to confirm deliveries are on track
- Ensure tier 1-tier 2 schedules are robust to ensure material requirement dates are achieved
- Ensure replacement parts are ordered and monitored
- Co-ordinate any special transport requirements
- Ensure the loop for returnable packaging is maintained between St Athan and vendors
- Work with NML / programme teams on model year changes / new models
Qualification & Experience:
- Working in a fast paced
- Problem resolution
- Ability to take task through to conclusion
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Good general education – no specifics
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend