Supplier Quality Leader
Job no: 509296
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The Supplier Quality department plays a key role working closely with engineering and purchasing (commodity teams) in the selection and approval of suppliers and manage supplier quality requirements covering new part introduction, process development and sign off to support the successful launch of new vehicles.
The Supplier Quality department also manages suppliers and quality for the complete life cycle of parts including supplier performance, problem solving, change management and continuous improvement.
- Lead, coach, support, and challenge suppliers to ensure the correct quality for the complete life cycle of delivered parts.
- Ensure efficient and timely introduction of parts working as a strong cross-functional commodity team.
- Commodity: Body Mechanisms
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong supplier management throughout the life cycle of parts from supplier selection through part introduction, serial manufacture, and warranty.
- Technical ability within commodity and functional area.
- Experienced in:
- Supplier Auditing for selection and continuous improvement purposes.
- Conducting supplier process control audits.
- Part and process development utilising tools such as DFMEA, PFMEA, Measurement System Analysis, Value Stream Analysis, Control Plan & work instructions.
- New part introduction through APQP methods or equivalent.
- Managing suppliers to deliver PAPP in a timely manner.
- Supplier performance monitoring to drive continuous improvement.
- Drawing and CAD analysis and investigation.
- Measurement and data analysis (part and process).
- A strong record of accomplishment in problem solving through structured techniques and Quality Tools.
- Lead concern resolution across multiple suppliers to ensure robust timely closure.
- A key influencing member within commodity teams to deliver Quality.
- Be the representative of Quality for Aston Martin within the supplier base through strong leadership, coaching and supporting engagement, at all levels including senior leadership.
- Drive and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve the company QCD objectives.
- Self-management. Prioritise your own time and activities across multiple suppliers and internal functions.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience of managing suppliers to deliver the quality requirements through the life cycle of a part.
- There will be a certain level of handling parts and assemblies for inspection and review at times during build phases and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional team meetings to define clear improvement action plans and close-out in a timely manner.
- Degree in an engineering subject or equivalent preferable.
- Member of appropriate professional body preferable.
- High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Good IT and data analysis skills.
- Experienced problem solver.
- The ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver and thrive in an ever-changing and dynamic environment.
- Excellent judgement and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Be able to lead, influence and support, to challenge in a positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work incremental hours at short notice, when necessary, to ensure that manufacturing and customer requirements can be achieved.
- Full driving licence is required.
- Able to travel at short notice within the UK or worldwide to Suppliers and other Aston Martin sites.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft, and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend