Job no: 509468
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Wolverton Mill
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Maintaining quality standards within the Parts Distribution Centre (PDC) ensuring that components received and stocked have the correct documentation, comply with specifications, and are packaged and stored correctly. Audit and inspect parts using measuring equipment, engineering drawings and technical specifications aiming for zero defects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect and audit parts from DB5 through to current production using tools and drawings available recognizing tolerances, surface finishes, 1st and 3rd angle projection etc
- Inspect and audit parts which are not drawn using samples and jigs
- Identify safety critical parts ensuring all documentation is in place
- Check for containments and support reworks liaising with current car quality team and engineers as required
- Liaise with suppliers, R&D, procurement teams (both production and aftermarket) on current parts issues
- Process supplier rejects of poor quality and incorrect parts. Supplier visits may be required to support corrective actions
- Scrap damaged or ‘not fit for sale’ parts
- Produce and maintain supplier quality performance records and reporting metrics
- Support overview of dealer returns and assist with corrective actions to reduce incorrect deliveries
- Support procurement team on re-engineered parts and validation of re-sourced activity
- Understanding of ISO 9001, 14001 and internal audit procedures would be advantageous
- Coordination of Quarantine area and system
Qualification & Experience:
- Good knowledge in automotive parts component quality control or related industry (Aerospace, component manufacture etc)
- Proficiency with business data and performance metrics
- Strong and proven business acumen skills
- Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance practices with understanding of ISO 9001
- Good understanding of a commercial organization and business processes
- Ability to use basic measuring tools Trimos Vertical measuring 3 instrument, Imperial and metric micrometers, Vernier calipers and depth gauges and other tools required to complete tasks.
- Internal Audit process
- ISO14001 experience
- Experience in 5S, Lean, Six Sigma methodologies an advantage
- Educated to Degree level in mechanical engineering or quality control discipline desired
- Demonstrates behaviors of our core values: Unity, Trust, Openness, Ownership & Courage
- Organized, proactive & able to work with high levels of autonomy
- PC literate with experience in proprietary ERP and quality control systems
- Excellent knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint & related Microsoft programmes
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage complex business relationships
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend