Job no: 508796
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To manage the development and training of a small team of buyers, to achieve the performance required to support the departmental and business objectives. Additionally, you will be responsible for the procurement of a defined range of components, in line with Procurement departmental procedures and objectives, focusing on securing strong commercial terms and excellent quality and delivery service levels from our suppliers while ensuring audit compliance, reporting directly to the Senior Manager.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery, creation and execution of commodity strategies, ensuring that AML is kept up to date on marketplace commercial and technical developments, as well as legislative regulations. Deep analysis of market forces to include new suppliers, aware of market conditions and able to adapt to changing / challenging environment. Engage cross functionally with key stakeholders to ensure correct business decisions are made tied in with short / long term objectives for the company.
- Interrogate and interpret QAF’s to ensure adherence to VFM and should cost. Using quantitative data to support savings opportunities delivered in a timely manner, assimilate supplier and AML processes to positively impact Procurement performance.
- Confidently enter total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers. To ensure correct margins are captured through total cost of ownership
- Understand and apply tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships. VSM, VAVE, Variable Pricing Mechanism etc
- Manage supplier performance through vehicle launch phases and current vehicle phases ensuring flawless execution Quality, Cost and On Time Delivery performance is maintained at high levels. In addition, provide enthusiasm and passion for driving continuous improvement in these metrics, internally at AML as well as at the Supplier.
- Provide Procurement / commercial input into cross-functional teams that effectively contributes to the organisation’s programme goals by applying a confident approach to teamwork.
- Understand and support the quality department in achieving full Quality AMPAP Approval (Aston Martin Performance Approval Process).
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focussing on business ‘Best Practice’ initiatives. While also ensuring social responsibility to the environment is maintained.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Lead and promote good supplier relationships.
- Play an instrumental role in enabling the function to achieve its business objectives, through meeting or ideally exceeding defined objectives. Lead by example
- Manage and support a small team of buyers, to include performance management and development and training.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to Degree level and a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards this.
- Previous Procurement experience is required, within Automotive would be preferred but not essential
- Understanding of the strategic role of the Procurement function and ability to work at this level.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require.
- You will ideally have experience in the management of a small team of Buyers.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend