Senior Finance Manager – Sales and Marcoms - FIN059
Job no: 499381
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This new position will ensure the strategic financial performance for the sales and marcoms team central functions. This person will business partner (both support and challenge) the multiple Aston Martin regional offices and commercial departments to maximise revenue and contribution.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Work closely with the Regional Directors (Presidents) to create detailed financial budgets and business plan inputs, ensuring business targets are met
- Monitor, track and report regional profitability versus budget/forecast through the production of monthly management accounting information
- Ensure robust and harmonised (where possible and applicable) accounting processes and controls are in place for the regions and commercial departments
- Develop and manage financial reporting activities in support of central and regional operations including tracking and reporting of regional and dealer KPI’s as required by Regional Directors and AML Operating Committee /management
- Work closely with and provide strong independent advice to regional operations management to ensure good, financially sound business decisions are made.
- Review and approve regional expenditure, ensuring compatibility within budget / business plan
- Support, advise and where appropriate challenge Regional Directors and Management teams to ensure regional profitability targets are met
- Work closely with Finance and regional teams to develop cash and profit improvement plans to correct deviation to budgets. Ensure all financial risks and opportunities are documented clearly providing transparency to the Senior Management team. Drive the delivery of opportunities and support risk mitigation activities
- Support month-end, quarter-end and annual accounts activities (finance close, forecasting, accruals, annual audit) for both internal and external reporting requirements
- Provide decision financial evaluations and other ad hoc analysis
- Coach and advise finance and operational teams to understand and employ good business behaviours; coach direct reports and other finance team members on business behaviours
- Work with finance strategy, planning and reporting function on robust target setting, business case analysis, sensitivity analysis and status reporting enabling data driven business decisions
- Includes supervision of sales and marketing and central finance analysts
- Responsible for the key interface & relationship management of our insurance provider for wholesale funding.
- Responsible for the key interface & relationship management of our Dealer Composite reporting provider.
- Lead risks and opportunities process for sales.
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidates should have a proven track record of a broad financial and interpersonal skill set with strong communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Strong excel and other desktop skills.
- Automotive Experience.
- Previous experience within a financial analysis function desirable.
- Previous experience of Sales and marketing finance preferable.
- Educated to degree level (2:1 minimum) or equivalent.
- Qualified, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, or competency through relevant experience.
- Competitive Salary
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- One management lease vehicle and one premium lease vehicle (or two lease vehicles).
- Access to Mercedes lease scheme.
- Car in retirement - One management lease vehicle (PSA product range only).
- Up to 20% bonus potential.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Up to family Cover.
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Private Dental Plan – Up to Family Cover.
- Travel Insurance - Up to Family Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend