Senior Sales Manager - EUS031
Job no: 499247
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Manage, coach and develop a team of Regional Operations Managers covering all aspects of Aston Martin dealer operations ensuring that proactive and timely visit programmes are executed to support the European dealer network. Visits should be relevant with detailed organised agendas driving the results that the region requires to ensure successful achievement of the region’s financial contribution objective. Management of the team will cover all aspects of the retail disciplines relating to AML Dealer Operating Standards, Sales, Aftersales and Marcoms, ensuring that we have universal communication that not only delivers a common message but also has a very strong commercial link towards driving dealer viability. Collective target achievement for all Regional Operations Managers is a priority driving and delivering the regions contribution targets. Regular weekly updates and communication to both the ROM's and Regional Director are key parts of communication ensuring that forecasting is not only accurate but is delivered in a timely manner throughout every reporting period.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop a team of ROM capable of delivering results with every dealer partner across multiple cultures and countries
- Supporting Network Development and where necessary the changes to the regional structure and representation plan to maximise AML vehicle parc development and network viability.
- Maximise the AML share of the HLS in each country of representation
- Setting commercial targets for each ROM that delivers all AML EU objectives for Retail, Wholesales, Parts, Accessories, EW and financial contribution
- Setting operational targets that deliver a “balanced scorecard” across selection of operational topics
- Coaching the commercial and operational awareness of every ROM to a high standard ensuring that retail commercial understanding is a priority
- Through ROM support drive strong commercial relationships with each dealer partner.
- Ensure that each ROM communicates and works in line with Aston Martin Dealer Operating Standards
- Target the regions HLS market share and highlight opportunity where each country has opportunity to grow share
- Track and report on the regions activity and ensure that SAT is delivered on a weekly timely basis and communicated within EU office
- Manage the region’s inventory to ensure all retail targets can be met with the correct mix and profile equally that the forward order plan is geared towards supporting forward retail activity
- Planned diary communication with each ROM ensuring that feedback is managed, checked and challenged weekly before central submission
- The commercial performance and financial viability is a critical responsibility hence quarterly reviews with each ROM targeting KPI data and developing regular action plans that target and deliver a measured performance across both sales and aftersales.
- Strong commercial approach with each ROM managing dialogue and continuous improvement around budget development, daily operating controls and process management.
- Deliver performance driven Quarterly Marketing & PR Planners with each ROM that target the necessary activity to deliver the Aston Martin dealer plan for each quarter.
- CSI Reporting that is critical to measuring the customer experience in both sales and aftersales plus ensuring the results from the same are used for development of continual improvement programmes via the ROM’s
- Ensure full engagement of European Client Services Executive with all client technical and vehicle concerns.
Qualification & Experience:
- Higher degree or substantial equivalent experience is desirable.
- Extensive experience managing at a senior level within the automotive sector either OEM or Retail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of retail operations across sales, F&I, service and parts.
- Ability to use IT to a high level of competence.
- Ability to think strategically and to communicate a vision.
- Substantial experience of successfully managing and coaching teams - growing a customer focussed, “can-do” culture of teamwork.
- Experience of successfully managing and influencing organisational change.
- Ability to read an Automotive P&L statement and translate the same into operational improvement plans.
- Ability to understand a Balance Sheet and the operational changes that it reflects.
- Ability to implement, manage, read and translate financial data from Budget, DOC and P&L.
- Current knowledge of key issues effecting the Automotive sector.
- A thorough understanding of Automotive Retail operations.
- A strong track record of building productive partnerships.
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, with a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: W. Europe Standard Time
Applications close: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend