Senior Expert - Interior
Job no: 510342
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Vehicle Engineering
For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
Working in conjunction with the Concept, Design and the core Interior Engineering teams, lead the initial benchmarking, system selection and layout of future AM interiors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out detailed benchmarking of competitor interiors to include technology, layout and quality of execution.
- Oversee system selection for core platform components, ensuring that the right bandwidth of performance and package requirements are defined for future vehicles.
- Create concept bill of processes to define major architectural assumptions for the assembly of the interior.
- Create key interface and section requirements in collaboration with Design and the Dimensional Quality teams.
- Provide feasibility input and direction into the Design team.
- Provide initial cost assumptions to allow the business to decide between Interior Themes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience in both Interior concept development and detailed delivery.
- Proven cross functional leadership.
- Excellent knowledge of interior layout, tolerance/variation, testing and development, DFM & tooling principles, appreciation for VFM.
- Excellent mechanical engineering background
- Working knowledge of AMPCS / MISSION or similar Product Creation Process.
- Interior Platform definition
- Engineering degree
- Chartered engineer preferable
- Comfortable working to deadlines and holding others to account
- Able to influence others – even when direct reporting lines are not present
- Creative and courageous to enable achievement of aggressive company targets
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend