Head of Interior Cockpit
Job no: 510240
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Vehicle Engineering
For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
Operational control of delivery to achieve engineering & QCD targets within the cockpit team. Responsible for Project Management, design, quality, manufacturing and all other engineering functions interaction
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day management of the Interior cockpit Engineering team.
- Lead component and system target QCD target setting, compatibility and adherence.
- Ensure all design manuals and AMDS documents are appropriately created and maintained to ensure consistency and robust failure mode avoidance.
- Ensure all failure mode avoidance activities, commodity planning, design progression and DVP testing is completed to achieve Final Engineering sign off in line with timing constraints.
- Achievement of objectives per project: deadlines, function, costs, quality, industrialization, design for manufacturing, mass etc
- Achievement of objectives for series support
- Achievement of maturity levels and deadlines according to quality gate for all projects
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience in Product Delivery – from concept development to production
- Proven leadership experience.
- Excellent knowledge of cross functional targets and constraints
- Working knowledge of AMPCS / MISSION or similar Product Creation Process.
- Experience of budgetary control / financial target achievement
- Proven delivery of interior systems
- Experience of directly or indirectly leading engineering, quality, or manufacturing engineering teams.
- Degree educated
- Management training
- Comfortable working to deadlines and holding others to account
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Able to influence others – even when direct reporting lines are not present
- Creative and courageous to enable achievement of aggressive company targets
- Make decisions
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend