Senior Manager - Paint Shop
Job no: 510216
Work type: Shift Work - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
The Paint Shop Manufacturing team are responsible for delivering Sports Car & DBX models according to the production schedule safely, at the right quality level, on-time and within budgetary constraint.
The Senior Manager is a key role within the Manufacturing team who works alongside the leadership to deliver continuous improvement and the achievement of operational excellence. The fundamental responsibility of the position is to deliver the Aston Martin products within the business plan to meet safety quality, volume, and cost targets.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily direction to departmental supervisors (Group Leaders) to ensure production schedules and customer requirements are met.
- Maintaining high levels of employee morale through recognition and employee communication programs.
- Develop and lead team activities to include daily shift performance reviews, WGB reviews and action planning.
- Supervise audits, production meetings, maintenance meetings and steering committee meetings.
- Active engagement in external feedback loops for onward performance of painted surfaces (AMCPA, EPDR & Warranty)
- Actively support, develop, and maintain standardised work processes process to ensure compliance.
- Appraises performance and communicates with direct reports regularly. Performs annual & Mid-year performance appraisals, outlining accomplishments, areas needing improvement and new objectives for the next period. Consults with Human Resources Manager on all employee actions.
- Reviews monthly budget comparison report for reporting departments. Acts on controllable variances.
- Identifies, recommends, and participates in development for all departmental capital expenditures.
- Identifies training needs for reporting departments. Prioritizes training needs and maintains a training calendar.
- Provides coaching, guidance, developmental opportunities, and training to direct reports to the end of achieving higher levels of performance as well as development of succession planning.
- Manages all KPI’s through SQDCME (Safety / Quality / Delivery / Cost / Morale / Environment) model.
- You will be required to manage a team of Group Leaders however is ultimately responsible for the performance of their department reporting through to the Director of the area.
- Daily management of production concerns and challenges require a high degree of problem-solving ability.
- Delivery of the daily build schedule is critical to the success of the role.
- Adherence to all legal and regulatory compliance in relation to the vehicle standards and HR policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A proven track record in a KPI driven production environment (ideally within automotive) manufacturing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of excellent manufacturing and production practices.
- A formal qualification in either engineering or manufacturing, or an equivalent level of practical experience.
- Chartered Management Institute, Level 5 Diploma in Management or equivalent is desirable.
- This role requires a resilient leader who can motivate and lead a team to deliver quality products, safely and on time.
- Works effectively with others to achieve goals.
- Builds constructive and positive relationships, is aware of others needs and uses this to work together well.
- Able to adapt and flex approach in order to achieve a common goal.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing. Understands the need to adjust communication and message to suit the relevant audience
- Able to persuade and influence others.
- Takes ownership of company objectives and goals and shows accountability for positive outcomes.
- Able to manage pressure and setbacks with minimum disruption to morale and tasks.
- Seeks to continuously improve systems and processes and takes responsibility for implementing improvements.
- Is able to self-reflect and adapt to change and continuous improvements.
Belong at Aston Martin!
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft, and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend