Vehicle Dynamics Senior Engineer
Job no: 510212
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Vehicle Engineering
For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
An exciting opportunity exists for a collaborative and proactive Senior Engineer to join our Vehicle Dynamics team.
Working across multiple platforms from mid / front engine to SUV, you will focus on one element of vehicle dynamics e.g. steering, becoming the SME for that area. This unique opportunity provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to work across a variety of projects and products, learning from a diverse group of Senior Experts dedicated to each. Throughout project rotations you will also be able to broaden your skills and remit ensuring a rounded understanding and experience of Vehicle Dynamics.
In return for this amazing opportunity we’re looking for demonstrable knowledge within a specialised area of Vehicle Dynamics, ideally gained within an OEM. This should be supported by experience of relevant software including Canape, MATLAB and other softwares related to instrumentation equipment. Previous driving or karting experience would be advantageous, as would a demonstrable understanding of the unique, ultimate driving experience for each product.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the testing vehicle development process in accordance with the Vehicle Development Program, cascade target to Engineering Specification process for Vehicle Performance and Chassis systems delivery.
- Ensure a high level of documentation and reporting, both in concept and testing phases.
- Support vehicle dynamics issues arising during development and report them promptly.
- Follow precisely test requirements and setup of sensors, and data acquisition instrumentation.
- Support CAE Team by providing reliable and useful experimental and supplier data for model correlation and improvements.
- Running simulations in VI-CRT with models provided from CAE
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding of vehicle-level targets to engineering specification cascade process
- Basic understanding of K&C data and full vehicle KPIs
- Data-driven engineering approach and process-improvement focus
- Proven capability of data post-processing analysis
- Material and report creation to present project status and gap to target
- Proficiency in MATLAB
- Driving skills/permits
- Hands on experience with vehicle testing planning / budgeting or of modelling and integration of Chassis and Powertrain control systems for analysis would be beneficial but is not required.
- Similarly experience in Chassis Virtual Development process with CAE tools and CAE correlation against testing data would be advantageous
- Most important, you must have a demonstrable passion for engineering and continuous learning and improvement, whilst striving for technical excellence
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend