On Wheels Repair Rectifier
Job no: 510079
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
- Improving the finished painted surface appearance of the vehicle panels through the use of various sanding media and tools.
- High quality, low volume paint rectification through denib & rectification techniques.
- Panel preparation for paint.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out FLM (First Line Maintenance) activities relevant to PPE, and workstation equipment.
- Carry out daily work routines in a safe manner following relevant QPS & WES detail.
- Near Miss reporting through Team Leaders.
- Maintain daily the relevant workstation Quality Q defect tracker ensuring defect containment & corrective actions are up to date and being followed.
- Carry out daily work routine in a standardised method following relevant QPS & WES detail
- Utilise “Andon” mechanism to rectify defects within the workstation to prevent shipping faults forward.
- Work group participation in RCA activities.
- As required participation in end of line quality reviews.
- Carry out daily work routines in cycle time following relevant QPS & WES detail.
- Feedback to Lead Technicians any incoming issues that negatively impact on delivery.
- Carry out daily work routines using consumables in the quantities detailed in the relevant QPS & WES.
- Carry out daily work routine in a standardised method following relevant QPS & WES detail to prevent scrap generation.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of an appropriate automotive apprenticeship in a relevant discipline (city & guilds level 2 + or equivalent) is desirable.
- Previous experience of working within an automotive Paint facility or similar essential.
- Experience of using orbital sanders and polish mops on automotive panels is essential.
- Ability to read drawing and interpret process sheets and follow processes in line with procedures and to exacting cycle times.
- Willingness to learn new technology and perform at the highest level in order to meet business requirements.
- Must have high personal standards and a willingness to succeed and ensure a quality finish is applied to each car.
- Ability to keep calm and focused as role can be high pressured to ensure quality is maintained.
- Can do attitude, determination to see the task through to completion at the right quality level.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings /process sheets.
- Flexibility to work shift patterns, overtime, weekends to achieve production targets
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Belong at Aston Martin!
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft, and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend