Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
IT change and release is constant and if poorly managed is disruptive and can result in significant loss of productivity. As the IT Change & Configuration Lead, you are at the centre of addressing this challenge.
You will protect the live and some development environments by ensuring efficient control and scheduling of software and hardware modifications, and by preventing the multiple upgrades that can create unpredictable outcomes. You’ll be accountable for ensuring that service levels and targets agreed with the business are met during change, and that problems are investigated and resolved in a timely manner to minimise disruption.
Being able to provide 100% accurate information about the IT configuration is critical for effective change and release management, for resolution of incidents and to provide strategic information supporting the IT strategy planning. You will manage this complex dataset for accuracy, and provide actionable and useful information to the senior IT teams.
You will have responsibility for the identification of all IT infrastructure including software, hardware, virtual machines, cloud services and mobile services, and for recording the information in the configuration management system. You will work with the business and wider IT team to identify and record the business services provided by the IT assets, recording this information so the impact of change and incidents is fully understood.
You will be responsible for tracking configuration items through their full lifecycle from requisition through to retirement, and will play a role in optimising technology spend and procurement, and for developing the processes, systems and tools for asset/configuration management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable change & release management processes ensuring there is no unplanned disruption or degradation of service during the lifecycle of a change across environments.
- Responsible for ensuring completeness of process with seamless implementation of changes and release, through strong release planning, thorough risk assessment, change coordination and consistent reporting of test results.
- Establish methods of monitoring change activity and use this information to participate in strategic and commercial long-term planning for the services with the senior IT team.
- Responsible for ensuring processes are followed, records are maintained, and post change/release reviews are completed. Report and follow up all process violations.
- Implement a process for monitoring change and release from within the IT applications & infrastructure, ensuring that the processes are consistently followed.
- Accountable for the scheduling and communication of change and release to all stakeholders at all levels of the business as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring back-out plans are carried out to remove the new version on failed change/release if necessary and that lessons are documented from incomplete or failed changes.
- Lead, chair and own the responsibilities of the Change Advisory Board.
- Responsible for maintaining the complex IT configuration items (CIs) within the CMDB (Configuration Management Database) that can be used during diagnosis and recovery from incidents.
- Lead the definition, documentation and organisational guidance for classifying and managing CIs.
- Support the senior IT and Finance team with strategic information from the configuration information enabling decisions to be based on knowledge.
- Perform regular checks to ensure the information in the CMDB is complete and an accurate representation of the configuration items actually installed in the production environments.
- Identify unauthorised changes to CIs and ensure approved change is reflected in the CMDB.
- Support the IT finance and asset analyst with asset tracking to maintain warranty information, refresh and renewal dates and software licensing requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of formal change and release management within an IT environment using ITIL principles and processes.
- Demonstrable experience of change and release management in an environment which is heavily reliant on complex technology.
- Significant experience of managing change and release processes that meets rigorous external and internal audit expectations.
- Experience of introducing improvements to change and release policies, processes and procedures to control risk and minimise disruption to IT and business services.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the full technology stack, such as IT Infrastructure, virtualization, security, application development, database management, ERP and MES applications
- A solid working knowledge of Agile and DevOps. (desirable)
- Experience of the ITSM tool, FreshService. (desirable)
- Experience of a similar role in a manufacturing environment. (desirable)
- ITIL V4 Foundation
- ITIL4 Specialist – Create, Deliver and Support
Educated to Degree level
- ITIL3 - Service Transition
- ITIL3 - Release Control and Validation
- ITIL3 Expert or ITIL4 Managing Professional (desirable)
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us