APAC Sales Operations & Network Development Manager
Job no: 509866
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Sales Operations Department is the “key stone” of communication to the Regional Director, Regional Operations Managers and the APAC Dealer Network. It is also the main communication channel with UK Head Office, managing the flow of information both in and out of the region.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development and regular upgrading of the suite of Daily Operating Controls that deliver accurate data to the team within APAC office.
- Circulate daily all updated reports and DOC’s to APAC team and highlight any urgent issues.
- Data management that recognises the importance of inventory, retail and wholesale activity linked into accurate target setting and monitoring
- Development of the retail and wholesale sales plan for each dealer partner alongside the APAC Regional Director identifying annual, quarterly and monthly objectives.
- Report on each Dealer Partners’ inventory to ensure all retail targets can be met with the correct mix and profile
- Ensure each Dealer Partners’ forward order plan is geared towards supporting future retail activity
- Manage the data surrounding the regional quarterly financial budget through managing the expenditure and accruals ensuring that over and under spend are communicated to the APAC Regional Director and the Gaydon Finance Manager
- Manage all requests for financial support from the regional managers ensuring that each category is monitored and managed on a daily basis.
- Manage and audit the quarterly claims submissions from the dealers ensuring complete compliancy with the structured claims process highlighting areas of noncompliance to APAC Regional Director.
- Manage the claims submissions into Gaydon Finance Team ensuring prompt and accurate payment to all dealer partners.
- Plan weekly activity to ensure that the companies “order call” requirement is both communicated to the team and is submitted on a timely basis
- Support the management and ongoing development of the APAC Dealer Network, developing, terminating and where necessary recruiting dealers.
- Research and evaluation of the APAC region, including competitor network, automotive groups, demographics and other key indicators of wealth, creating reports which directly inform the network strategy and intelligence
- Ongoing management of the Global Network Development hub for the APAC Region, inclusive of annual due diligence
- Support the development of key regional strategy documents and recommendations to the board for approval
- Project manage the appointment and termination of Dealer Partners, inclusive of the preparation of all legal documentation
- Project management of facility redevelopment and relocations across APAC region
- Management, analysis and reporting upon Dealer annual business plans and ongoing performance
- Detailed Monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of dealer performance (inclusive of composite) against individual and regional targets
- Annual Vehicle Parc Analysis inclusive of Aftersales retention analysis and reporting in conjunction with the Head of Aftersales
- Management of ROM activity across Dealer Visit Reports, Surveys, Stock check and actions
- CSI performance tracking and improvement management
- Dealer Operating Standards (DOS) and Mystery shop performance tracking and improvement management
- Communicate into head office on regular basis information regarding wholesale funding including age, extensions, stock audits and funding utilisation issues.
- Manage the APAC Fleet build, registration and de-fleet programmes managing also the age, utilisation and mileage such that maximum RV can be achieved.
- Communicate the closed auction to all dealer partners on a quarterly basis from the regional communication paper to closure of the auction analysing data from all dealer bids.
- Informing the APAC Director where a partner does not have a minimum of 14- week forward order plan
- Communication to the Regional Operations Managers daily of the progress towards the regions wholesale and retail objectives
- Fleet control, management & remarketing
- Communication to APAC Director and APAC sales team plus Gaydon head office
- Detailed Tracking & Monitoring
- Weekly Order call
- Daily retail registration
- Daily wholesale activity
- Dealer performance versus target for retail, wholesale and allocation activity
- Update UK Dashboard
- Update of VME tracking
Qualification & Experience:
- Higher degree or substantial equivalent experience
- Experience managing data preferably within automotive retail or OEM
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use IT to a high level of competence
- Ability to think strategically and to communicate
- Ability to read inventory reports and translate the same into operational improvement plans
- Previous experience of working within Manufacturer / Importer
- Current knowledge of key issues effecting the Automotive sector
- A thorough understanding of Automotive Retail operations
- A strong track record of building productive partnerships
- An ability to think laterally and solve problems in a creative fashion
- Team player with an innovative approach to problem solving
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: Tokyo Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend