Head of Product Creation Process Efficiency and Governance
Job no: 509840
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Programme Management
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Maintain, govern and develop the Product Creation Process whilst driving delivery of efficiency enhancements. Lead cross functional teams to develop and implement processes and structure to reduce overall investment including right first-time delivery, reduce delivery times and maximise our employee’s efficiency through reduction in administrative burden. Manage Engineering Services team to ensure robust and timely release, MFAL & CFAL support for R&D.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain modernity of MISSION (Aston Martin’s Product Creation Process (MISSION) through continual assessment of new requirements as well as challenging existing demands to ensure an optimal approach to project delivery
- Continual improvement of Aston Martin’s Product Creation Process (MISSION). The development and implementation of cross-functional tools, transformation processes and structure that will reduce the amount of time and investment required to deliver a new Programme whilst meeting or exceeding the Programme and product targets
- Ensure all identified Gateway and Checkpoint deliverables are understood by relevant stakeholders for each milestone within the AML MISSION process and that templates are in place to support them
- Responsible for the schedule and agenda of all Programme Gateways and judge that they are delivered to the process requirements
- Coordinate the delivery and publishing of metrics from a variety of other functions into a clean programme dashboard including but not limited to:
- Parts availability and pedigree
- CAD Data Levels status and glidepath
- Surface releasing
- System selection and sourcing
- Programme financial status
- Confirm consistency and alignment of the Programme Management Office’s procedures and documentation with the requirements of the Company’s quality standards
- Manage Engineering Services team to ensure robust and timely release, and CPQ support for R&D. Seek to optimise efficiency of the releasing process.
- Lead the Implementation of Simultaneous Engineering Teams (SETs) to support the component development from Innovation phase to Component delivery phase to Project application phase
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree & MBA qualified desirable or exceptional equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of Product Creation in an OEM or consultancy
- Specific automotive product creation experience
- Business process improvement experience in a product creation environment
- Attention to detail and decision making
- Coordination of x-functional teams
- Team leadership and strong presentation skills
- Data manipulation
- Enthusiastic – can motivate team
- Passionate about product and programme delivery
- Resilient to changes in direction
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend