Job no: 509828
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Supply Chain
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of this role is to schedule and control the supply of components/materials to meet immediate production requirements and forward production programmes consistent with attaining target stock levels. To be aware of all factors that affects or may affect availability of use/fitment for all parts controlled.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assure supply of materials to meet the production schedule and / or minimum safety stock levels.
- Understand and manage risks to the material supply plan to minimise impact on the production schedule.
- Take the lead in co-ordinating the implementation of modifications with the supply base to minimise obsolete stock and assure material availability.
- Initiate inventory management and stock adjustments when required, to maintain continued accuracy and reliability of stock records. Key liaison with the Logistics Provider and Inventory Analysis Team to ensure inventory record accuracy.
- Develop supplier relationships to allow constructive discussions to take place regarding delivery KPI improvements on behalf of the business. Lead and co-ordinate improvement plans with suppliers that are not performing.
- Negotiate with supplier, the finance for “special transport” to ensure costs are kept to an absolute minimum, whilst maintaining material availability.
- Recover all costs incurred that are incurred as a result of supplier liability.
- Assist Accounts Department in resolution of quantity/receipt related invoice queries.
Key Performance Indicators:
- On time in full supply of parts to delivery schedule.
- Arrears – number of suppliers and number of parts.
- Parts missed point of fit and line stops.
- Cost recovery – Full recovery of supplier liability costs
- Number and age of quantity related invoice queries.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in Material Planning & Logistics or material planning desired, ideally in the automotive industry.
- An awareness of Aston Martin Production System / Lean Manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
- Automotive components experience desirable.
- Computer Literate essential.
- Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.
Belong at Aston Martin!
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend