Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Body Construction
Job no: 509771
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
As part of a small team of engineers responsible for the continuous improvement of the tub and body construction facility at Aston Martin’s multiple sites, you will be responsible for delivering robust process and quality improvements, new model introduction, as well as providing support to component suppliers. The successful candidate will have experience of, facility & tooling requirements, process documentation, supplier quality processes, layout planning and problem resolution. You will ensure that the highest quality build standards are achieved whilst ensuring the health & safety of technicians is never compromised.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process: To produce detailed Process Operation sheets including visual aids, torque & tooling detail, quality requirements and safety info.
- Facilities / Layout: Working with Logistics & Facilities Engineers to determine efficient station layouts including modifications to existing facilities, racking & part presentation requirements, liaising with external suppliers of equipment and compiling necessary documents for implementation and approval.
Vehicle Launch: Supporting build events to ensure that technicians are familiar with new process and facilities, using the correct tooling and achieving required quality standards.
- Manpower: Working with IE's to develop effective manpower requirements reflecting volume mix and model specification including methods improvements to achieve hours per car target.
- Tooling: To select the appropriate Jigs and Fixtures, including specialised hand tools and power tool requirements to meet vehicle quality and hours per car targets whilst ensuring operator safety targets are achieved.
- Health and Safety: To liaise with the Health & Safety department to ensure all processes & materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment.
Supplier Quality: Provide component quality support to both the supplier and the end user, AML. A willingness for regular travel, both in the UK and Europe, will be required.
- Production Support: To investigate and help resolve Manufacturing Engineering related issues experienced in Production, providing timely containments to ensure that product quality is not compromised and ensuring that technicians are familiar with process changes.
- Quality Improvements: To liaise with current vehicle engineering to ensure new or modified product content is integrated seamlessly into the production environment. To also provide dedicated 'hands-on' dimensional continuous improvements through fixture management processes.
- Design for Assembly: To communicate best practices to Product Engineering to improve station ergonomics, hours per car and built in quality including poke yoke or error proofing
- Meeting Attendance: To represent Manufacturing Engineering at the various planning meetings to review status and provide feedback.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend