Prototype Properties Leader
Job no: 509664
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Vehicle Engineering
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To lead all up front Parts Tracker set-up so that all X1/M1/1PT parts requirements are understood and fully reported. Review all BOM data ensuring that the engineering solution is fully understood and supported with parts.
This is a 10 months fixed term contract.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leadership of parts supply planning and strategy for multiple prototype builds
- Lead the large platform prototype properties team to ensure build phases are supported with all necessary parts and executed in line with programme deliverables and timing
- Engage with the Build Managers, Launch Managers, Programme Managers and VEM’s to agree the most appropriate method of delivery for each programme prototype build phase
- Agree strategy and lead direction of parts supply for prototype builds, depending on the build phase, to ensure that the pedigree of the build is protected in line with Programme deliverables
- Prototype builds financial reporting
- Work with Prototype Pasts team and present a joined up status as and when required to ensure prototype build metrics are being broadcast to ensure clarity of information to the wider business audience
- Develop and implement system and process strategies to ensure parts supply for prototype builds is consistent across all Programmes
- Implement Open To Go Reviews to ensure consistency of information across all prototype builds
- Review the delivery of non-vehicle based DVP items within the business to support programme dvp requirements
- Deliver reports and presentations as required to support programme reviews and Gateways
- Assist with development of programme reporting metrics to ensure a uniform method of delivering programme prototype build metrics is employed uniformly across all programmes
- Work with the VEM and Prototype workshop to scope out the most appropriate method of delivery for each prototype property, e.g. type of donor vehicle, appropriate modifications required and bridging parts requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Very good level of experience using Microsoft Excel and MRP systems
- Whole vehicle BOM knowledge
- Experience of low-medium volume prototype builds
- Knowledge of a wide range of business operational areas, and a detailed understanding of their direct role/impact on prototype builds
- Experience in process mapping, development and improvement
- Experience of detailed metrics generation and presenting at management and director level
- Good presentation skills and able to use metrics and concise summaries to illustrate challenges / help required
- Outgoing and approachable with the ability to clearly communicate and be authoritative
- Disciplined and methodical and able to work with multiple demands
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Strong teamworking skills are required to ensure effective communication and collaboration across functional teams
- Cost management
- Proactive, working on own initiative
- Open and honest communication
- Accountable and responsible to deliver on commitments
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend