Design Studio Engineer
Job no: 509583
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
As Studio Engineer, you will support the Studio Eng Snr Manager on current and future Aston Martin Design programs in varying stages of Engineering Feasibility development, from early concept ideation through to product launch and beyond into mid cycle impulses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility of ensuring delivery of premium quality Surface feasibility to support Interior Design and Engineering intent whilst being aware of programme timing, and budget constraints. .
- Drive Craftsmanship standards from within Design Studio to further improve quality of Production solutions.
- Influence optical quality delivery to agreed level, whilst ensuring Design and Engineering attributes are met
- Design and support production of Design and Marketing show cars
- Responsibility of all data flow into, and from Design to the wider business.
- Ensure the integration of a high degree of feasibility in Design properties prior to downstream Engineering,
- Support development of key cost and efficiency processes within Aston Martin Design Studio producing the best compromise between aesthetics and Feasibility possible.
- Support the entire Design Studio, and external departments of Aston martin with feasible CAD solutions to Design proposals and actively suggest /implement solutions.
- work closely with all members of the Design team to produce rapid and high quality data releases using appropriate CAD tools.
- Use experience of feasibility, aesthetics and craftsmanship to drive CAD development, aiding and guiding Design team members, and other external departments, to create class leading Design products.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior Experience in an interiors capacity
- Prior experience working in OEM Studio Engineering role is a requirement.
- Detailed understanding of automotive surface feasibility, Vehicle set up, clay and Digital process setup and with experience working through creative concept phase to production delivery phase.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a design related discipline.
- English language to a professional working level.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office Package, PowerPoint, NX or similar
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend