Prototype Fleet and Asset Leader
Job no: 509526
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The Prototype Fleet and Asset Leader is responsible for the co-ordination of all pre-production marketing vehicles during, build throughout the announcement phase and until handed over to regional sales teams. In addition, you will also assume responsibility for all technical and show car assets, their logistics and usage in support of company and brand marketing objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own fleet diary and asset list – becoming accountable for the location and status of any vehicle/asset in scope at any time
- Drive optimised usage – ensuring appropriate utilisation of assets in support of sales and brand objectives
- Manage the departmental logistics budget – ensuring the appropriate method and measures of transport are followed depending on usage criteria
- Organise logistics of high-value prototype vehicle and showcar assets – overseas and domestic
- Support the specification and approval process for Saleable Prototype Vehicles and showcar assets– engaging all required stakeholders in the process and preparing/ organising Senior Level approval forums
- Post launch - work closely with the communications (PR), central events, marketing creative and regional teams to ensure all activations and projects are appropriately supported with vehicles (content, photoshoot, events, motor shows etc.)
- Work with Sales and Engineering teams to optimise retained value in saleable prototype assets and own the timeframe and condition of sale
- Provide input to MISSION gateway deliverables relevant to prototype vehicles and technical assets on behalf of the Head of Product Marketing & TTM
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous vehicle / fleet management including overseas logistics
- Project management skills to support interface with Take to Market Planning
- Good presentation skills (written and verbal) and ability to use PowerPoint & especially Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels (this role interacts with multiple stakeholders and all regional offices)
- Understanding of the general automotive manufacturing process would be beneficial
- Planning skills with strong ability to think logically and strategically
- Sales & Marketing team events experience would be beneficial
- A customer first approach to key stakeholders such as regional teams & internal departments
- The ability to positively, respectfully and professionally challenge colleagues in order to generate the best outcome
- Excellent knowledge of the internal organization, processes and roles
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend