Senior Engineer HIL Rigs
Job no: 509520
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development, Vehicle Engineering
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This role exists to enable the production of in house and outsourced powertrain software, hardware and calibrations for our future Hybrid powertrain families delivering a concept Hybrid platform. Managing key suppliers and customers required, achieving delivery of a fully functioning Hybrid system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration and Wider Powertrain team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Become key part of all development activity for all SIL, HIL and other powertrain rigs within the wider controls team supporting the HIL Lead.
- Software design and development experience using MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow
- Knowledge of the full software lifecycle including requirements, design, code and text
- Knowledge of CAN protocol and overall network protocols
- Knowledge of ETAS Inca tools
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR, incl CyberSecurity
- Support and deliver Hybrid controls systems and to maximise performance, reliability and driveability across a range of complex ICE and Hybrid architectures as applied to our Hybrid vehicles including Motors, battery, Inverter etc.
- Responsible for practically delivering all activity leading to a successful concept with a view to production feasibility.
- Manage and support powertrain activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the wider team.
- Knowledge of System Engineering practices and contemporary toolsets for feature release, engineering requirement management, test case generation and repository for test evidence.
- Manage the progress and reporting for Hybrid Powertrain deliverables as detailed, ensuring they meet all time and quality targets to a level of initial delivery
- Be a key point of contact for defined customers and suppliers to powertrain Hybrid concept wrt Hybrid controls architecture and its implementation,
- Ensure Hybrid platform deliverables are delivered in line with the system design specification.
- Prepare reports of all findings from rigs, Test beds, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
- Manage hardware/tools to support development activity.
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience within an automotive vehicle manufacturer or Consultancy with direct experience of delivery of Powertrain Control and hardware systems as applied to Hybrid and electrified powertrain technologies. Strong Controls background.
- Knowledge of Simulink real time, & dSpace tools
- Knowledge of calibration, diagnostic and measurement tools such as INCA, CANalyser, Busmaster
Strong communicator with experience working across multiple disciplines
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend