Manager Business Office - Procurement
Job no: 509465
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Procurement and Supply Chain
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
As the Manager for the Business Office within Procurement, you will be responsible for leading the Business Office Team, supporting the Senior Manager in defining and developing the controls, measures, and reports to ensure the organisation delivers our operational and strategic short, medium, and long-term objectives.
You will take specific responsibility for major elements of Procurement’s targets and ensure that robust and transparent controls and measures are in place. You will also take the lead in presenting the function’s and supply base’s performance, whilst continually improving our approach and deliverables through a clear strategic plan.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Manager will be responsible for the performance of all members of the Business Office, acting as an escalation point to resolve issues as they arise, providing suitable guidance and solutions
- Working with the Senior Manager, they will drive the planning and implementation of the Transformation Program by taking an active role in defining, scoping, coordinating and steering cross-functional workstreams to deliver financial (EBITDA) benefits.
- Identify and define the Procurement function’s key strategic short, medium, and long-term objectives and deliverables, maintaining alignment to organizational goals.
- Co-ordinate the Procurement function’s involvement in all current and future transformative programs and strategies, developing robust controls, measures and review cycles to ensure objectives are met by tactic-owners within the function.
- Lead the development and implementation of our Sourcing Strategy, delivering 15% saving on material cost.
- Ensure the Procurement department is fully compliant with the legislative requirements and that internal standards and policies are adhered to.
- Supervise and support Procurement Business Office analysts in their day-to-day activity and delivery of objectives.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop a Supplier Scorecard to evaluate Procurement’s current supply base, through quantitative and qualitative measures, against QCDDM criteria (quality, cost, delivery, development, and management).
- Using supplier performance data (Supplier Scorecard), develop strategic approaches to strengthening and transitioning AML’s Supply Base to support our Business Plan.
- Work closely with Senior Procurement Leadership to deploy Procurement strategy across teams through a top-down approach, with clear deliverables and key performance indicators driving each level of the organisation to achieve common objectives.
- Develop and maintain a review schedule and structure with working groups for major strategic Procurement programs. Define review agendas, requirements, and submission deadlines, and manage the communication around these reviews.
- Critically analyse and define current and desired future state of Procurement and support the development of strategic roadmaps and change management programs.
- Develop and maintain our key Procurement KPI’s, across all Procurement functions and ensure that these KPI’s support the drive within the organization’s performance.
- Represent the department at cross functional meetings of all levels to achieve and promote strategic alignment.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and hold reviews to discuss latest status and progress in meeting the strategic deliverables.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous Procurement / Finance / Analyst experience within an automotive environment is necessary, along with management .
- Understanding of the strategic role of the Procurement function and ability to work and communicate at a senior level.
- Microsoft Office & specifically Excel / PowerPoint skills are required.
- Knowledge in running KPI’s and measuring performance – strong analysis skills required.
- Must be highly computer literate, specifically in use of Excel to manage and manipulate large volumes of data from multiple sources. Ability to automate and link charts, run pivot tables and develop advanced nested functions is essential. Knowledge of Macros would be an advantage.
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in line with the role requirements
- CIPS certification is advantageous but not a necessity
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Able to add structure to ambiguous and complex topics
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend