Prototype Electrical & Diagnostic Technician
Job no: 509419
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Vehicle Engineering
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of this role is to build, prepare, service and maintain Aston Martin prototype vehicles / bucks to facilitate both whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification program objectives of all future AM products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and abroad.
- Manufacture / sub-assembly of relevant components (harnesses / test leads)
- Assembly of components and fit to vehicle / buck in sequence of build and to process planning sheets or work request sheet.
- Full electrical system fault analysis and rectification using diagnostic tools.
- Programme, flash, and code vehicle modules.
- Will have good soldering skills at connector & PCB level.
- Will be able to work to circuit diagrams / electrical schematics.
- Will have experience working with Hybrid or Electric vehicles or working with High Voltage systems.
- Liaise with system and development engineers regarding possible issues identified.
- Problem solving to aid in solution of current vehicle issues.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar automotive electrical basis role.
- Automotive Electrical Engineering Degreee or equivalent qualification minimum NVQ Level 3/4
- Ability to perform detailed inspection and reporting
- Failure investigations and problem solving.
- Working across functional teams effectively.
- Positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Use of various types of electrical diagnostic equipment – (manufacture specific, CANalyser, etc)
- Strong technical skills and understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Strong teamworking skills are required to ensure effective communication and collaboration across functional teams
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend