To provide electrical support to the T&F assembly lines to ensure the vehicles are correctly and completely assembled to the required standard with all auto electrical components fitted and working.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- To seek and repair electrical faults on the vehicle (which may also involve removal and re-fitting of interior/exterior trim.)
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment for re-testing and verification process.
- Read and interpret diagnostic equipment output to minimise rework time/costs.
- Recording & Reporting of faults back through to relevant areas of production / engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Engineers/suppliers with regard to electrical issues.
- Work on T&F download stations completing work to Takt and adhering to process instruction
- Be able to check vehicle specifications conform to build requirement/ customer options using the relevant documentation.
- Storage of controlled substances / components safely in correct location(s).
- Support quality, productivity and process improvements initiatives
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards
Qualifications & Experience:
- A full electrical apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have relevant automotive experience.
- Specialized knowledge of auto electrics, harness manufacture, and electronic module experience (diagnostics) is necessary.
- The ability to read, interpret and work to engineering circuit drawings /process sheets is essential
- A knowledge of AML electrical architecture & VCATS would be advantageous
- Be able to work to Aston Martin build standards – interior and exterior trim
- In addition to the above the candidate should have good communication skills and be fully computer literate
- The successful applicant must be able to work on his/her own initiative and also cope with varied workloads.
- Required to support weekend overtime working requests.
- Team oriented
- Accountable and demonstrates initiative
- Reliable and efficient
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.