Health & Safety Advisor
Job no: 509105
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales, Various (West Midlands / South Wales)
The health and safety professional is to act autonomously and make decisions locally to ensure the safe operation of the facility. They will form part of the leadership team with a direct link into the Manufacturing Operation Director. Provide support to the business in critical areas of risk ensuring that the high standards set are meet. To liaise with all key stockholders both internal and external including contractors, local authority and HSE as is necessary.
Key Reponsibilities & Tasks:
- Take a proactive approach to raising safety awareness by coaching and guiding individuals/groups.
- To review and developing internal health and safety policies.
- Carry out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Plan practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting safety and safe working practices.
- Attend safety committee meetings to provide technical advice.
- Negotiate with managers, group leaders and technicians to try to eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations.
- Make necessary changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about safety issues and risks.
- Keep records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the company.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with mandatory regulations.
- Produce management reports, newsletters, and bulletins.
- Ensure the safe installation of equipment.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g., fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Set and enable achievement of targets for Safety performance improvement.
- Advise on all Safety matters by working in close liaison with managers, employees and contractors.
- Ensure statistical analysis of accidents and incidents, communicating information and recommendations to all interested parties.
- Maintain all documentation associated with Safety.
- Audit Safety performance of AML employees and contractors on site.
Qualifications & Experience
- Significant experience managing people and leading on Health and Safety matters, preferably working in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Experience of the CoSHH, LOLER, HAVS
- Work experience in a "lean Environment" would be an advantage, understanding the need and use of standardized work processes (Kamishibi).
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or equivalent experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft package).
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety
It is essential that the role holder can promote and embed safety measures with business acumen and practical awareness. They must be able to negotiate with and influence people in a way that transfers ownership of safe ways of working to the individual regardless of role or grade.
Travel to other sites is a requirement of the role, therefore the successful applicant must hold a current drivers licence and preferably have access to a suitable vehicle (all travel costs are reimbursed).
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend