Senior Engineer VCATs
Job no: 509043
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The Vehicle Configuration and Test System (VCATS) team are part of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering function and support the electrical & Diagnostic testing of the vehicle and the validation of feature performance. The team is responsible for flashing software, configuring and testing assemblies and full vehicles, making them ready for the end customer and ensuring it complies with market legislation. VCATS is present on all manufacturing sites including small volume build activities.
As a VCATS Engineer, you’ll be part of a multi-skilled team taking responsibility for the provision of a whole-life test system from the start of a vehicle programme, through early build stages and on to volume production.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning for the introduction of new models and providing hands-on, track side support during early builds and launch phases with technical modification of testing equipment
- Working closely with manufacturing to understand feasibility and ensure processes are optimized for manning and takt requirements
- Develop, implement and validate diagnostic testing, calibration and configuration routines to fulfil testing plan requirements ensuring robust sequence deployment for critical processes.
- To specify appropriate hardware requirements and work with external suppliers of equipment to develop and deliver testing solutions/assembly aids that exceed requirements, provide future expansion and are cost effective to the business.
- Manage the plant VCATS on a day to day basis through issue investigation, running changes, continuous process improvement, Hours Per Car reduction & Defects Per Vehicle reduction.
- Support Current Vehicle Engineering in the investigation and resolution and Permanent Corrective Action implementation of Field Quality issues.
- Shift working may be a requirement
Qualification & Experience:
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship with relevant experience in the Automotive/Aerospace industry. Ideally, with a background in engineering/technology or vehicle electrical systems/Diagnostics.
- Have an analytical and logical approach to problem solving, and be able to quickly analyse an issue, identify next steps, and plan a resolution.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent team behaviours and strong verbal communication skills along with sound technical knowledge.
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively, and to negotiate, influence and operate autonomously are critical to the role.
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Computer Packages, TeamCentre, and can adapt to new software packages quickly.
- Experience of using vehicle diagnostic software would be an advantage.
- Analytical and logical
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced negotiator
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend