Job no: 509035
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To support Prototype Operations, in coordination of parts in and out of stores. Assisting supervisor with day to day running of stores to ensure that a robust schedule is maintained for pre-production builds. Support monitoring of stock picks and storage of parts using KPIs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Key point of contact for booking inbound/outbound ‘Orders’ – i.e. Transport Log / Record deliveries and coordination i.e. contact relevant suppliers, buyers, engineering; and follow up when required.
- Responsible for parts stock validation and stock integrity
- Checking ‘Inspect’ and ‘In-Gate’ parts status – contacting Quality to get parts moved out of ‘Inspect’ and moving parts into stock.
- Tracking and reporting parts supply issues - seeking root cause; investigating concerns with internal customers, third party logistics. storage providers and parts suppliers.
- Supporting Supervisor with admin – i.e. CCARs, 5S, scrapping parts, MSTNs, Coordinating training log/audit checks, interface with office and engineers with regards to prototype parts.
- Use the parts trackers (Microsoft Excel) to log current delivery timing and status comments to enable accurate and up to date reporting for build.
- Support · Generate part shortages reports and communicate to Stake holders
- Booking in and invoice queries
- Understanding of BOMs with part tracking information gathered from different PMT areas (Engineering, MP&L, Purchasing, and Finance).
Qualification & Experience:
- Broad vehicle systems knowledge and understanding of prototype builds.
- Microsoft Office tools – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Understanding of Vehicle Parts / CAD Drawings.
- Good communication skills & ability to speak to suppliers on a daily basis.
- Outgoing and approachable with the ability to clearly communicate information.
- Disciplined and methodical and able to work with multiple demands.
- Prioritize multiple tasks on a day-to-day level
- Must be flexible and able to communicate at all levels
- Advanced Excel skills
- Engineering experience from time spent in Automotive
- Some form of higher qualification HDC/D / Automotive Experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Methodical Approach to problem solving
- Enthusiastic, confident yet tactful person who understands tier 2 supply process and is sensitive to other business requirements from the suppliers.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend