Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
We’re looking for an International Trade and Customs Manager who will be responsible for supporting the AML Senior Manager for International Trader & Customs in developing and implementing robust international trade and customs processes. These processes will enable AML to meet its compliance obligations and to fully utilize trade simplifications and customs special procedures.
AML exports to over 50 countries around the world and therefore the need to efficiently navigate and ensure compliance with numerous markets is vital.
Key internal interfaces include Finance, Purchasing, Material Planning & Logistics, Engineering, Sales, Special Vehicles, Aftersales and AMLE GmbH. Key external interfaces will be with AML’s supplier base, local Chambers of Commerce, HMRC and AML’s third-party service providers (Customs Support, UPS etc.).
The candidate must have detailed technical knowledge and proven experience of customs either in Practice or in an in-house role. The candidate will ideally also have experience of working with, or in, automotive / manufacturing environments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
You will work both with internal cross-functional partners within the business and with external partners and suppliers to ensure that AML meets its customs and international trade compliance obligations namely:
- Support the AML Senior Manager for International Trade & Customs in defining and developing processes and controls and identifying and implementing robust duty mitigation measures.
- Manage AML Customs Operations resources in their day-to-day and strategic activities.
- Serve as primary point of contact at AML for all Aftersales-related customs queries.
- Serve as primary point of contact at AML for all Special Vehicles customs-related queries.
- Take a pro-active role in validating all import / export information provided by other areas of the AML business and suppliers and urgently addressing / escalating any areas of concern or weakness, including leading cross-functional meetings to resolve issues.
- Build and developing an effective network of contacts across the AML business to support the operation of all aspects of import / export activities.
- Develop standard operating procedures working in partnership with other functions in order to ensure compliance across the business.
- Conduct regular risk assessments in relation to business import/export operations and identifying contingency plans where necessary.
- Develop and deliver regular progress reports / presentations to communicate status of import / export operations and driving actions within functions.
- Seek out efficiency improvements to optimize Trade and Customs operations
Qualification & Experience:
- Detailed technical and operational knowledge and experience of customs and international trade legislation and requirements, especially in the UK and EU.
- Strong IT skills using office tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work cross functionally and build effective relationships
- Good communication skills
- A self-starter able to work independently and/or as part of a small dynamic team.
- Able to work cross functionally and at pace
- Able to establish and deliver against a clear set of goals
- Able to focus on detail and maintain standards of operational excellence
- Regular reporting to senior management and able to communicate complex issues to senior management
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.