Expression of Interest - Auto Electrician
Job no: 499007
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic.
To provide electrical support to the offtrack area.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- To seek and repair electrical faults on the vehicle (which may also involve removal and re-fitting of interior/exterior trim.)
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment for re-testing and verification process.
- Read and interpret diagnostic equipment output to minimise rework time/costs.
- Recording & Reporting of faults back through to relevant areas of production / engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers/suppliers with regard to electrical issues.
- Work on T&F download stations completing work to takt and adhering to process instruction
- Be able to check vehicle specifications conform to build requirement/ customer options using the relevant documentation.
- Storage of controlled substances / components safely in correct location(s).
- Support quality, productivity and process improvements initiatives
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards
Qualifications & Experience:
- A full electrical apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have relevant automotive experience.
- Specialized knowledge of auto electrics, harness manufacture, and electronic module experience (diagnostics) is necessary.
- The ability to read, interpret and work to engineering circuit drawings /process sheets is essential
- A knowledge of the DB11 electrical architecture & VCATS would be advantageous
- Be able to work to Aston Martin build standards – interior and exterior trim.
- Salary Circa - £30,752
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend