Senior Manager - Production - SPR005
Job no: 498988
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
As we work steadily towards the commencement of operations at the St Athan site in line with the Second Century plan, more opportunities to join the Production team are coming on line. This is an opportunity to step up in to a leadership role with a unique set of challenges and be part of this exciting development in the company’s history.
The Production Manager is a key role within the Production team who works alongside the leadership to deliver continuous improvement and the achievement of operational excellence.
The fundamental responsibility of the position is to deliver the Aston Martin Lagonda (AML) products within the business plan to meet safety quality, volume and cost targets.
We are currently looking the ideal candidate to have experience working with paint.
Key Responsibilities include
- Daily direction to departmental supervisors (Group Leaders) to ensure production schedules and customer requirements are met.
- Maintaining high levels of employee morale through recognition and employee communication programs.
- Develop and lead team activities to include daily shift performance reviews and action planning.
- Supervise audits, production meetings, maintenance meetings and steering committee meetings.
- Actively support and develop standardised work processes process to ensure compliance.
- Appraises performance and communicates with direct reports regularly. Performs annual performance appraisals, outlining accomplishments, areas needing improvement and new objectives for the next period. Consults with Human Resources Manager on all employee actions.
- Reviews monthly budget comparison report for reporting departments. Acts on controllable variances.
- Identifies, recommends and participates in development for all departmental capital expenditures.
- Identifies training needs for reporting departments. Prioritizes training needs and maintains a training calendar.
- Provides coaching, guidance, developmental opportunities and training to direct reports to the end of achieving higher levels of performance as well as development of succession planning.
- Manages all KPI’s through SQDCME (Safety / Quality / Delivery / Cost / Morale / Environment) model.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in a KPI driven production environment along with comprehensive knowledge of excellent manufacturing and production practices.
This role requires a resilient leader who can motivate and lead a team to deliver quality products, safely and on time.
Ideal candidates will have a formal qualification in either engineering or manufacturing, or an equivalent level of practical experience.
- Management Car lease scheme available.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Up to family Cover.
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Private Dental Plan – Up to Family Cover.
- Travel Insurance - Up to Family Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business with a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend