Expression of interest - B grade prep / polisher
Job no: 498974
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway, joining the team, is becoming part of the history of the Brand and of the heritage of the such a prestigious product, in such a new fantastic state of the art location.
Improving the finished painted surface appearance through the use of various sanding media and tool masking of engine bay. A small level of paint rectification through Denib & rectify
• Conduct First Line Maintenance activities relevant to PPE, and workstation equipment.
• Carry out daily work routines in a safe manner following relevant QPS & WES detail.
• Complete Near Miss reporting through Team Leaders.
• Daily maintenance of the relevant work station Quality Q defect tracker ensuring defect containment and corrective actions are up to date and being followed.
• Carry out daily work routine in a standardised method following relevant QPS & WES detail.
• Utilise “Andon” mechanism to rectify defects within the workstation to prevent shipping faults forward.
• Participation in group work RCA activities.
• Participate in end of line quality reviews as required.
• Carry out daily work routines in cycle time following relevant QPS & WES detail.
• Provide feedback to Lead Technicians regarding any incoming issues that negatively impact on delivery.
• Carry out daily work routines using consumables in the quantities detailed in the relevant QPS & WES.
• Complete daily work routine in a standardised method following relevant QPS & WES detail to prevent scrap generation.
Qualification & Experience:
Previous experience in a similar role
- Salary Circa - £28,000
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend