Expression of interest - Paint Sprayer
Job no: 498972
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway, joining the team, is becoming part of the history of the Brand and of the heritage of the such a prestigious product, in such a new fantastic state of the art location.
To inspect, tack-off and spray-paint vehicles in Etch Primer, Primer, Base Coat or Clear Coat either on main line or in repair area.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Meeting targets in terms of both productivity and quality.
- Inspect vehicles for body defects prior to painting.
- Prepare vehicles for spraying e.g. apply adhesion promoter, de-greasing and tacking off as required.
- Hand spray vehicles and substrate components to acceptable standard.
- Ensure correct application of base coats and clear coats.
- Ensure removal of any contaminants/dirt between coats.
- Set up, maintain and clean hoods, and airlines.
- Maintain daily liaison with DuPont, Group Leader and Lead Technician regarding issues that may compromise quality or productivity.
- Occasional work in other areas e.g. prep / polish as business needs dictate
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a recognised apprenticeship or 3 years skilled experience in a similar position.
- Salary Circa - £30,000
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend