Buyer - PUR023
Job no: 498969
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway and joining the team now means becoming part of the history of the iconic brand and contributing to the heritage of a prestigious product.
To procure a defined range of components, in line with Procurement departmental procedures and objectives, focusing on securing strong commercial terms and excellent quality and delivery service levels from our suppliers.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a specific range of commodities, ensuring that AML is kept up to date on market place commercial and technical developments, as well as potential suppliers. Collaboration with other areas of AML on maintaining commodity strategies which meet the short as well as the long term aims of the business.
- Evaluate cost data and quotation analysis forms and identify cost saving opportunities. Quickly assimilate supplier and AML processes in order to positively impact Procurement performance.
- Confidently enter into total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- Understand and apply tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
- Manage supplier performance through vehicle launch phases and current vehicle phases, ensuring that Quality, Cost and Delivery performance is maintained at high levels. In addition, provide enthusiasm and passion for driving continuous improvement in these metrics, internally at AML as well as at the supplier.
- Provide Procurement / commercial input into cross-functional teams that effectively contributes to the organisation’s programme goals by applying a confident approach to teamwork.
- Understand and support the quality department in achieving full Quality Approval (Supplier Performance Approval Process).
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focussing on business ‘Best Practice’ initiatives.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Lead and promote good supplier relationships.
- Play an instrumental role in enabling the function to achieve its business objectives, through meeting or ideally exceeding defined objectives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Educated to Degree level and a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards this.
- Previous Procurement experience is desirable.
- Understanding of the strategic role of the Procurement function and ability to work at this level.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post holder should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require.
- Discount on our Privilege lease scheme, Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme – 5% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Family Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend