Controls Engineer - MTS001
Job no: 498942
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
Categories: Manufacturing, Programme Management
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway and joining the team now means becoming part of the history of the iconic brand and contributing to the heritage of a prestigious product.
The initial role will support the project team in all areas. Regular involvement in project meetings both with internal and external teams will be required. On launch of the new facility the Controls Engineer will be part of a team to address any issues that require support before and after the facility is fully commissioned. The candidate will be responsible for achieving high equipment reliability, minimum repair time, continuous improvement and new project development through the combined efforts of maintenance, facilities and external suppliers.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Liaise with suppliers during initial scope of supply, making sure the new equipment complies with AML specification and related legislations are adhered to
- Perform PLC software modifications and improvements as well as integration of third party software requested by manufacturing departments. Manage and conduct programming of AML’s SCADA and MES systems
- Monitor, control and maintain process parameters (where applicable), implement / initiate adjustments and corrections to ensure efficient production and quality levels within all areas of manufacturing
- Ensure that the department can support manufacturing operations at all times in terms of equipment reliability, facility controls, application software, data recording and back up processes
- Support Maintenance team to implement preventative maintenance strategies
- Ensure controls and associated software are operating correctly to keep the company and their employees protected in accordance with current safety legislation
- Maintain an effective level of communication at all times across the business
- Ensure the department strives towards world-class performance, compliance to safety and environmental legislation
Qualification & Experience:
- BEng in Automation and Control or similar discipline such as Electrical Electronic, IT
- To be considered for this role the candidate must have an extensive knowledge of Siemens TIA Portal, S7 PLC based control systems within a manufacturing environment. As well as have a good understanding of SCADA, WinCC WebNavigator and MES systems
- Ideally hold automation or control systems qualifications combined with at least 5 years of experience within the manufacturing industry, preferably automotive. Alternatively, you may be a time served tradesman with a good level of experience in PLC automation
- An awareness of Beckhoff PLC, robotic interaction and server Web Based systems would be desirable
- This position requires someone who can work as an effective team member and confidently as an individual. We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate experience of manufacturing tools and techniques and willingness to undertake further training
- Salary Circa - £45,000
- Access to Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend