Facilities Engineer - FAS006
Job no: 498932
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
Categories: Design, Manufacturing
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway, joining the team, is becoming part of the history of the Brand and of the heritage of the such a prestigious product, in such a new fantastic state of the art location.
As a Brand Aston Martin prides its self on the quality of the prestigious vehicles that they design, engineer and build. This role is to be a member of the Facility’s team.
Working as part of the facilities project team in St Athan, you will be responsible for the refurbishment, modification and initial installation of process equipment as well as offices and buildings. The installation of process equipment will require early feasibility and simultaneous engineering studies, whilst working with process engineering and various suppliers. A good technical understanding is essential. The role will also involve working with architects, M&E suppliers, etc. to develop M&E specifications which are then to be tendered and delivered.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Total responsibility for the project management of all capital investment.
- Liaise with developers, architects, M&E & engineering suppliers and AML internal departments to lead ambitious and challenging projects.
- Monitor timing plans and ensure delivery & installation within the agreed time scales.
- Manage budget and ensure this is not exceeded, both in terms of investment and resource.
- Produce weekly status of project to AML management team.
- The engineer will be controlling facility projects, with his / her main responsibility being to manage and control contractors that could be working in any area of the facility. This will involve the following activities:
- Specification – Investigate the customers’ requirements determining and identifying the most appropriate solution. This solution will then be turned into a written specification to be issued for quotation.
- Vendor Selection – Evaluate and investigate supplier tender submissions and recommend the preferred supplier.
- Design Development – As more detail becomes available the facility design may need to change the project engineer will be responsible for monitoring and controlling cost changes.
- Equipment Manufacture and Installation – Ensure the standard of equipment and installation is acceptable to AML.
- Commission – Ensure the plant and equipment operates within the specification and achieves the targets set out in the specification and meets all legislative requirements.
- The successful candidate must understand CDM and the use of method statement and risk assessment
- Cost and project Management.
Qualifications & Experiences
- Relevant experience of managing and controlling facility installation projects
- HNC qualification
- AutoCAD experience is essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Automotive experience would be highly advantageous
- UK travel may be required
- Access to Mercedes car lease scheme.
- Circa £38,000
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Ford.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend