Project Engineer, Calibration Control - QAO204
Job no: 498870
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Categories: Special Projects
The role exists to enable the production of in-house control solutions for our future powertrain families. To develop solutions for both control modules and software for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage and develop test programmes to prove. To take ownership of powertrain modules and to support technical experts in delivering software algorithms to meet legal, safety and drivability requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop and maintain our MiL, HiL and test systems
- Lead, develop and test algorithms to support hardware and software deliverables
- Technical project lead for new control functions
- Develop system and software requirements for Vehicle Supervisory Control system
- Define systems interactions and distributed functionality across the Powertrain electronics domain
- Lead software integration activities (troubleshooting) and provide technical solutions
- Specify, develop and oversee control system tests including validation tests on HIL, Labcar, Powertrain Dyno and in Vehicle
- Hardware schematic review of Electro/Mechanical systems
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to achieve team goals
- Prepare reports of all findings, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and Programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree level or equivalent in Controls engineering or engineering related discipline
- Software design and development experience using MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow
- Knowledge of the full software lifecycle including requirements, design, code and test
- Understanding of Hybrid powertrain operation
- Knowledge of CAN protocol and good understanding of other Automotive network protocols
- Understanding of vehicle-level system integration in terms of hardware and software
- Highly self-motivated, resilient and proactive, with ability to work to strict deadlines
- Have close attention to detail and be driven to deliver engineering to the highest quality
- Prepared to support testing activities within the UK on a regular basis (occasionally overseas)
- Ideally extensive post graduate experience in challenging & relevant engineering environment
- Knowledge of Simulink Real-Time and Speedgoat Real-Time systems would be advantageous. As would knowledge of apid prototyping tools and techniques, ETAS ES910 and INTECRIO.
- Dalibration, diagnostic and measurement tool knowledge such as INCA, CANanalyzer, Busmaster etc would also be advatangeous.
- Naturally technical, able to employ fundamental engineering principles.
- Prepared to support overseas suppliers on a regular basis
- Good verbal and written communication skills
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend