Project Engineer - EMS Integration Lead - QAO203
Job no: 498869
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Categories: Special Projects
This role exists to enable the production of in house calibration for our future engine families. To develop calibrations for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage the calibration test programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified vehicle calibration system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration team to enable the calibration to meet China, European and US certification standards.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Lead and support calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the team reporting to the Powertrain Calibration manager
- Ability to act as project lead for new EMS Calibration deliverables
- Support Calibration manager in delivery of defined vehicle programmes
- Be part of a project team to create and develop the various aspects of calibration for all Aston Martin Vehicles
- Ensure Calibration deliverables are delivered in line with the System Design Specification on time and to cost targets
- Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve Calibration team goals
- Represent the company externally at a senior level with regard to calibration activities and supplier visits
- Report progress vs plans at Director level within AML
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
- Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer, preferably with experience of hybrid calibration of gasoline engines.
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies including gasoline particulate filters and 48V technology
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple disciplines
- Full driving license
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates
- Must be prepared to travel for supplier reviews in locations across Europe
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend