Supplier Quality Leader – Body Mechanism & Chassis
Job no: 510711
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
- Lead, coach, support, and challenge suppliers to ensure the correct quality for the complete life cycle of delivered parts.
- Work with suppliers using AMPAP framework to ensure the correct quality for the complete life cycle of delivered parts.
- Ensure efficient and timely introduction of parts working as a strong cross-functional commodity team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong supplier management and leadership throughout the life cycle of parts from supplier selection through part introduction, serial manufacture, and warranty.
- Support suppliers to deliver the required quality of components throughout the life cycle of parts from supplier selection through part introduction, serial manufacture, and warranty.
- Technical ability within commodity and functional area.
- Supplier Auditing for selection and continuous improvement purposes.
- Conducting supplier process control audits.
- Part and process development utilizing tools such as DFMEA, PFMEA, Measurement System Analysis, Value Stream Analysis, Control Plan & work instructions.
- New part introduction through APQP methods or equivalent.
- Managing suppliers to deliver PAPP in a timely manner.
- Supplier performance monitoring to drive continuous improvement.
- Drawing and CAD analysis and investigation.
- Measurement and data analysis (part and process).
- A strong record of accomplishment in problem solving through structured techniques and Quality Tools.
- Lead concern resolution across multiple suppliers to ensure robust timely closure.
- A key influencing member within commodity teams to deliver Quality.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience of managing suppliers to deliver the quality requirements through the life cycle of a part
- Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques
- Experienced problem solver
- The ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver and thrive in an ever-changing and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional team meetings to define clear improvement action plans and close-out in a timely manner.
- High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience for precision rubber extrusion, injection moulding, glass forming, interior & exterior paint application, carbon fiber processes. Appreciation of complex automotive mechanism assemblies and technical knowledge for component parts such as locking sets, door mirror & handles, sealing, glazing, wiper systems and convertible roofs.
- Degree in an engineering subject or equivalent.
- Engineering related non-degree qualifications.
- Member of appropriate professional body.
- Excellent judgement and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Be able to lead, influence and support, to challenge in a positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work incremental hours at short notice, when necessary, to ensure that manufacturing and customer requirements can be achieved.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend