Project Engineer – Vehicle Legislation & Certification
Job no: 510124
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Programme Management
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer - Conformity of Production to oversee the COP testing of vehicles or vehicle systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. The role will be responsible for developing test plans and procedures, overseeing testing activities, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve quality issues related to regulatory compliance.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ability to build rapport, trust and respectful relationships across multiple departments, to ensure regulatory requirements are met and challenges are understood in an open way.
- Develop and implement test plans and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversee the conformity of production (COP) testing of vehicles or vehicle systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, engineering, and manufacturing, to identify and resolve quality issues related to regulatory compliance
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards, as well as testing equipment and procedures
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve the quality of vehicles or vehicle systems and testing processes
- Prepare reports documenting testing results and recommendations, as well as provide updates to senior management
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a position demonstrating vehicle safety compliance or territory homologation or
- Experience in a position demonstrating vehicle powertrain compliance or territory homologation. or
- Experience in conformity of production testing and demonstration
- Technical experience in the automotive industry, or
- Experience dealing with legislation and regulatory authorities, or
- Experience with automobile cybersecurity, or
- Experience with Global Safety regulations, or
- Experience with autonomous vehicle technology
- Degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline
- Logical and analytical thinking with the ability to explain and/or simplify complex technical information and compliance strategies.
- The ability to influence people in decisions
- Team player becoming a role model for best practice in the organisation
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and their implementation
- Fully fluent in spoken and written English and confident communicator with the ability to clearly and accurately present information to all levels of the company.
- Competent user of MS Office applications and the ability to learn and operate company specific IT systems.
- Effective and thorough planning, co-ordination and organizational skills.
- Full UK driving license
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend