Service Lifecycle Engineer
Job no: 509877
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Working upstream during new Programme development, our Service Lifecycle engineer ensures that new vehicles are delivered to the dealer network in a serviceable condition, and ensures the dealer network is ready to maintain them.
Our Service Lifecycle engineer works cross functionally to align the design of the vehicle to the standards, publications and systems available to dealers, promoting right first-time repair and maintenance for Aston Martin customers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess new Programmes at the concept stage and establish the output required from the Aftersales organization to support them in the dealer network – e.g workshop manuals, eLearning, dealer training etc
- Analyze and understand the design of new Programmes, communicate new content to the global dealer network. Update dealer standards and manage dealer readiness at new Programme launch, for example in preparation for Electric Vehicles (EV).
- Ensure all Aftersales departments are ready for launch in alignment with company wide milestones. Report status as prescribed by the Programme team.
- Lead Aftersales new Programme launch activities such as Field Evaluation Unit (FEU)
- Set and manage Aftersales dealer standards and procedures, for example pre-delivery inspection (PDI), vehicle handling, dealer workwear.
- Act as key contact person and relationship holder for 3rd party suppliers who provide aftersales services to the global dealer network.
- Monitor feedback from AML and the global dealer network and manage improvements and changes to aftersales systems and publications.
- Manage Aston Martin Body Repair Centre (AMBRC) operating standards and annual audit scheme.
- Deliver long term projects that enable successful delivery of core Aftersales objectives
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge of modern vehicle architecture. (Essential)
- IT literate, intermediate (or above) user of Microsoft Excel. (Essential)
- Experience of dealer standards and aftersales procedures.
- Experience of the new programme development and launch process.
- Knowledge of electric vehicle dealer standards and procedures at an OEM with established EV programmes would be beneficial.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend