Trim & Final - End of Line Rectification Technician
Job no: 509848
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
As a Rectifier in the Trim & Final / End of Line area you will be responsible for the rectification and fitting of components in various stages of off tracks assembly.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out rectification work in line with the process and standards required using the EASE system.
- Carry out off track shortage fitting as required to the VIS Standards.
- Validate reworks and drive back concerns to tech stations using BIS structure.
- Repair/rectify any concerns picked up from audit.
- Input repair actions into the Flags system and action corrective measures and control.
- Carry out TPM and Lean activities.
- Provide training for local zone build technicians.
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping, and discipline standards.
- Storage of controlled substances / components safely in correct location(s).
- Support quality, productivity, process improvements initiatives e.g., Kaizen, 6 Sigma and PPS initiatives.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of an appropriate automotive apprenticeship in a relevant discipline (city & guilds level 2 + or equivalent) is desirable.
- Previous experience of working within the automotive industry is essential.
- Working knowledge of all stages of build.
- Manual dexterity, mechanical/quality aptitude.
- Can do attitude, determination to see the task through to completion at the right quality level.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings /process sheets.
- Flexibility to work shift patterns, overtime, weekends to achieve production targets
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Belong at Aston Martin!
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft, and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend