Project Engineer - Power Electronics Engineer
Job no: 509726
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development, Various, ePowertrain
For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
To be responsible for the development of the Power Electronics across all HV components of Aston Martin vehicles and programmes, acting as the in-house power electronics expert.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Power Electronics engineer, you will be working across the different teams and with the technical partners to engineer cross car line solutions for AML electrified powertrain:
- Leading the technical discussions around the design of power electronics for any component and/or systems.
- Reviewing electronic designs, schematics, and PCB design layouts alongside the technical partners.
- Develop HV design guidelines to carry review with supplier.
- Develop design rules for in-vehicle packaging of HV components.
- Leading compliance review through generating design verification documents to confirm compliance.
- Support system test and integration.
- Enhancing the existent engineering standards to improve the levels of design quality.
- Support the full life cycle of the product (1st and subsequent applications) to achieve a fully validated and production ready component.
- Functional safety compliance.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to develop state-of-the-art innovative and practical solutions.
- Act as the authority in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineer degree or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience of high power (500kW+) and high voltage (up to 1000V) electronics for inverter or 3-phase On Board Charger.
- Experience of state-of-art power electronic components (e.g. IGBTs, diodes, SiC/GaN transistors, gate drive, transformers, and capacitors).
- PCB circuit and layout design experience.
- Proven history of electronic product design, test, and failure investigation.
- Knowledge of high voltage hybrid systems (fuses, contactors and other high voltage DC components), understanding of battery system operating condition.
- Experience of electronic and hybrid system simulation tools.
- Advanced high power/high voltage power electronic component testing.
- Engineering Degree in Electrical, Electronic and/or related field.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, self-motivated, eager to take responsibility and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and eager to take responsibility and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Ability to organise multiple inputs into succinct summary.
- Fluent presenter of technical information at all levels including to senior director level at AML and external companies
- Ability to challenge experts, consultants and seniors by presenting measured opinion
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend