Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Trim and Final
Job no: 509707
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
As part of a team of engineers responsible for the continuous improvement of the Assembly facility at Aston Martin you will be responsible for delivering robust process and quality improvements. The successful candidate will have experience of facility & tooling requirements, PFMEA & Process Control Plans, standardised process documentation, layout planning and statistical problem resolution. You will ensure that the highest quality build standards are achieved whilst ensuring the health & safety of technicians is never compromised.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process: To produce detailed Process Operation sheets including visual aids, torque & tooling detail, quality requirements and safety info.
- Facilities / Layout: Working with Logistics & Facilities Engineers to determine efficient station layouts including modifications to existing facilities, racking & part presentation requirements, liaising with external suppliers of equipment and compiling necessary documents for implementation and approval.
- Manpower: Working with IE's to develop effective manpower requirements reflecting volume mix and model specification including methods improvements to achieve hours per car target.
- Tooling: To select the appropriate Jigs and Fixtures, including specialised hand tools and power tool requirements to meet vehicle quality and hours per car targets whilst ensuring operator safety targets are achieved.
- Future Technology: Developing and planning future manufacturing concepts, utilising Industry 4.0 digital / connected facility concepts.
- Health and Safety: To liaise with the Health & Safety department to ensure all processes & materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment.
- Production Support: To investigate and help resolve Manufacturing Engineering related issues experienced in Production, providing timely containments to ensure that product quality is not compromised and ensuring that technicians are familiar with process changes.
- Quality Improvements: To liaise with current vehicle engineering to ensure new or modified product content is integrated seamlessly into the production environment. To also provide dedicated 'hands-on' dimensional continuous improvements through fixture management processes.
- Technical Support: Provide information about build process / sequence and technical specifications.
- Design for Assembly: To communicate best practices to Product Engineering to improve station ergonomics, hours per car and built in quality including poke yoke or error proofing
- Meeting Attendance: To represent Manufacturing Engineering at the various planning meetings to review status and provide feedback.
Qualification & Experience:
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship with relevant experience in the Automotive/Aerospace industry.
- ONC minimum qualification with HNC / Degree preferred. The successful candidate will have previous Manufacturing Engineering experience, with a good understanding of problem resolution and an ability to interrogate and interpret data.
- A willingness to adopt new ideas with an open mind to low volume constraints is essential.
- Experience in automotive manufacturing environments would be advantageous. Please state relevant experience on your application.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend